Accident and Sickness Insurance

“Schengen” regulations require applicants to have health insurance coverage before departing. This is necessary in case you have an accident during your stay in Italy. Please check carefully whether your medical insurance will cover costs for medical treatment abroad (including emergency medical evacuation and repatriation of mortal remains). If it does not, you need to submit health insurance covering your stay in Europe.
Generally, all major medical insurance companies cover costs for emergency medical treatment abroad.

Note: Students from most countries (except for the “Schengen Area countries”) need to submit foreign student insurance certification to apply for an Italian student visa.

Top Page