1. Formal admission to FCAS (Florence Culinary Arts School) and payment of tuition and fees are prerequisites to registration. All students by virtue of registering, agree to comply with the regulations of the school and to pay all applicable tuition and registration fees before the course start date. Payments can be made exclusively by wire transfer to the bank account indicated by the Office of Admissions. FCAS will provide the student with a certificate of payment confirmation. The certificate of enrollment will be issued only after receiving the confirmation of the wire transfer by the Office of Admissions. FCAS may, at its sole discretion, exclude from any course and/or examinations any registered student who fails to pay the applicable Tuition Fee within the period stated above or any other period as may be agreed with FCAS. FCAS reserves the right to claim back from any such student any reasonable expenses incurred in reliance upon his/her registration on the course.
2. Enrollment Fee and Deposit paid to FCAS is non-refundable unless FCAS decides not to grant the student a place on the relevant course. If cancellation occurs not less than 90 days before the course start date, FCAS will refund 100% of the Tuition (excluding Enrollment Fee and Deposit); 50% of the Tuition (excluding Enrollment Fee and Deposit) will be refunded if cancellation occurs at least 30 days before the course start date; No refund will be made if cancellation occurs less than 30 days before the course start date. For students who do not hold an EU passport, there will be no refund after the Certificate of Enrollment has been issued.
3. Tuition includes tuition a Certificate of Attendance of a Diploma issued right after completion of the course.
4. FCAS will be responsible for preparing a basic equipment for student use. However, expenses for transportation and personal expenses shall be covered by the student.
5. Specific information such as the duration of the course shall be communicated to the student upon registration. Examinations must be taken at the end of the relevant course. No student shall be allowed to take the examinations after the end of the relevant course and FCAS shall not, in this case, issue any final certificate of attendance or diploma to the student.
6. Class attendance is MANDATORY. No student shall be allowed to take examinations unless he/she attends at least 80% of the lessons. No final certificate shall be issued unless the student maintains the required attendance record until the end of the course and achieves the required pass mark in the examinations. If a student does not attend lessons, tuition and fees won’t be refunded.
7. By enrolling in any course offered by FCAS, students agree to comply fully with the disciplinary rules of FCAS as this represents a condition of the agreement between students and FCAS. Compliance which the disciplinary rules shall involve a good attendance record, a rigorous respect of the schedule of lessons and a responsible attitude towards the staff of FCAS allows students to use any equipment within FCAS. Failure to adhere fully to these rules may result in disciplinary measures being taken against the offending student (which, for the avoidance of doubt, may involve the expulsion of the student from the relevant course). To the fullest extent permitted by Italian law, FCAS reserves the right to claim damages in relation to any loss caused by the student.
8. Courses are organized according to the schedules, dates, and programs established by the teachers appointed by FCAS, which reserves the right, at any time, to amend any aspect of the course as may be necessary.
9. The examination papers, together with any material produced by the students during the examinations shall be deemed to be the property of FCAS. Students hereby assign by way of future assignment all copyrights arising in the material produced by the student to FCAS and in particular allow FCAS to exhibit, reproduce and/or publish such material.
10. Changing a course (the subject or the course start date) is possible only if the new course begins within 365 days from the initial start date, and within the following conditions: a) if course change request is notified from 90 to 30 days before the course start date: by paying the enrollment fee of the registered course; b) if course change request is notified within 30 days before the course start date: by paying the enrollment fee of the registered course and 50% of its tuition. There is NO REFUND of the fees already paid. Students can allocate the fees already paid, deducting the above course change fees, to the payment for new courses.
11. FCAS reserves the right to cancel the course due to low enrollment or other circumstances beyond the school’s control. Students who are registered in a course that is canceled will be notified, and the course fees will be fully refunded.
12. FCAS assumes no responsibility for damaged, lost or stolen personal items. Students who damage or vandalize school property will be responsible for its repair and/or replacement.
13. FCAS is closed on Italian public and school holidays, such as summer, Christmas and Easter holidays.
14. No variation of this agreement shall be effective unless in writing and signed by or on behalf of each of the parties.
15. For programs held in off-campus, the agreement between FCAS and students shall be subject to the Italian law and the parties hereby agree that the Italian courts in Florence shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of this agreement.
FOR THOSE ENROLLED IN AN INTERNSHIP PROGRAM:
16. ITALIAN LANGUAGE classes are included in the first months of the programs. Students may be required to prolong the language course duration, depending on the Italian language level of the student. Classes are from Monday to Friday for 2~4 hours/day, either in the morning or in the afternoon. The number of class hours depends on the number of students per class, whether it is a group class or a semi-private class.
17. Students will be allocated to appropriate restaurants/companies depending on their experience, and after an interview with the school internship coordinator and the restaurant/company. Students cannot choose where to do the internship. The interview will take place near the end of the Italian language program. To be accepted into the restaurant/company, students need to pass the interview. Except for some companies where English is the principal language used during the job, in order to pass the interview, students must have sufficient Italian language proficiency to carry out the job.
18. After being assigned as an intern to a restaurant/company, the student must follow the schedule and the calendar of the hosting restaurant/company. Some restaurant/company has longer working hours or less days-off compared with others. Please check in advance. If you have a special request, please consult with the internship coordinator. Please note that the more specific requests you add, the less potential hosts there are, and it may result in a delayed placement.
19. Each internship student will be registered through a specialized agent to be certified, and carry out internship according to the Italian law. The maximum period of internship at one place is limited to at most 6 months by the Italian law. Students cannot change the host restaurant/company before the registered period of 6 months. If the student encounters difficulties in job contents or other problems at work, please report to the internship coordinator. The registration fee for changing the host restaurant/company is 400.00 euros each time.
20. Internship at restaurants often includes meals. Sometimes restaurants offer their interns an accommodation or give them an allowance to cover the living expenses.
By completing the application form for any of the courses offered by FCAS, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to the “ACADEMIC POLICIES”.
[ Revised as of April 30, 2018 ]