1. The Deposit Fee and the Tuition must be paid before commencement of classes. Course fees can be paid only by wire transfer. The certificate of enrollment will be issued only after completion of the transfer, confirmed by the Office of Admissions at its receiving bank account. FCAS may, at its sole discretion, exclude from any course and/or examinations any registered student who fails to pay the applicable Tuition Fee within the period stated above or any other period as may be agreed with FCAS. FCAS reserves the right to claim back from any such student any reasonable expenses incurred in reliance upon his/her registration on the course.
2. The course fees paid to FCAS are non-refundable unless FCAS declares that the student is not eligible to attend the course. Cancellation will only be accepted if made in writing and sent to FCAS. If cancellation occurs not less than 90 days prior to the start of the relevant course, FCAS shall refund 100% of the Tuition Fee, 50% of the Tuition Fee will be refunded if cancellation occurs not less 60 days prior to the start of the relevant course; 30% of the Tuition Fee will be refunded if cancellation occurs one day before the class starts and no refund shall be made if cancellation occurs after the start of the relevant course. For students who do not hold an EU passport, there will be no refund after the certificate of enrollment has been issued.
3. Course fees include a Certificate of Attendance (short-term programs) or a Diploma (long-term programs) as specified for the course.
4. FCAS will be responsible for preparing the basic equipment for each student. Transportation and all personal expenses are not covered by the school.
5. Specific information such as the duration of the course shall be communicated to the student upon registration. Examinations must be taken at the end of the relevant course. No student shall be allowed to take the examinations after the end of the relevant course and FCAS shall not, in this case, issue any final certification to the student.
6. Attendance is compulsory. No student shall be allowed to take examinations unless he/she attends at least 80% of the lessons. No final certificate shall be issued unless the student maintains the required attendance record until the end of the course and achieves the required pass mark in the examinations. In case students do not attend lessons, there will be no refund of the course fees.
7. By enrolling in any course offered by FCAS, students agree to comply fully with the disciplinary rules of FCAS as this represents a condition of the agreement between students and FCAS. Compliance which the disciplinary rules shall involve a good attendance record, a rigorous respect of the schedule of lessons and a responsible attitude towards the staff of FCAS allows students to use any equipment within FCAS. Failure to adhere fully to these rules may result in disciplinary measures being taken against the offending student (which, for the avoidance of doubt, may involve the expulsion of the student from the relevant course). To the fullest extent permitted by Italian law, FCAS reserves the right to claim damages in relation to any loss caused by the student.
8. Courses are organized according to the schedules, dates, and programs established by the teachers appointed by FCAS, which reserves the right, at any time, to amend any aspect of the course as may be necessary.
9. The examination papers, together with any material produced by the students during the examinations (hereon referred to as The Material) shall be deemed to be the property of FCAS. Students hereby assign by way of future assignment all copyrights arising in the Material and in particular allow FCAS to exhibit, reproduce and/or publish such Material.
10. If a student wishes to change the course after registering with FCAS, the school will first evaluate the possibility to make the arrangement for changing the course and decide if the course change is possible or not. In case it is possible to make the change, the school will arrange a new course with a handling fee of 20% of the tuition（enrollment fee and tuition) already paid. (If there is a difference between the course fees, the school will calculate the balance to be paid together with the handling fee.)
11. FCAS reserves the right to cancel the course prior to the beginning of the courses if less than a quorum to start a course is present. Students who are registered in a course that is canceled will be notified, and the Enrollment Fee and the Tuition Fee will be a full refund.
12. FCAS doesn’t take any responsibilities for accidental loss of personal belongings and valuables in school or outside the school.
13. Students must be responsible in case of any damage or vandalization of school property by the student.
14. FCAS is closed on Italian national holidays and school holidays such as summer holidays, winter holidays and Easter holidays.
15. No variation to this agreement shall be valid unless agreed in writing between the parties.
16. For programs held in Florence campuses, the agreement between FCAS and students shall be subject to the Italian law and the parties hereby agree that the Italian courts in Florence shall have sole jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of this agreement.
FOR THOSE ENROLLED IN A INTERNSHIP PROGRAM.
17. The first 8-24 weeks includes Italian language class, depending on the course enrolled. Students may be required to prolong the language course duration, depending on the Italian language level of the student. Classes are held from Monday to Friday, either in the morning or in the afternoon.
18. Students will be allocated to an appropriate restaurant/company depending on the Curriculum Vitae, Portfolio (only for art students) and interview with the school internship coordinator and the restaurant/company. Students cannot choose where to do the internship. The interview will take place near the end of the Italian language program. To be accepted to the restaurant/company, students ultimately need to pass the interview. Except for some companies where English is the principal language used during the job, students must have enough Italian language skills to carry out job in order to pass the interview.
19. After collocation to Internship, the students follow the schedule and holidays of the hosting restaurant/company, depending on the restaurant/company. Some restaurant/company has longer working hours or less holidays compared with others. If you have special request, please tell the school internship coordinator. Please note that the more specific requests you add, the less potential hosts there are, and it may result in delayed collocation.
20. Each internship student will be registered to the state through specialized agent to be certified, and carry out internship according to the state’s law. The maximum period of internship at one place is limited to at most 6 months by the state’s law. Students cannot change internship host restaurant/company before the registered period of 5 or 6 months completes. If the student encounters difficulties in job contents or other problems at work, please report to the school Internship coordinator. The additional registration charge for changing the host restaurant/company is 400 Euro each time.
21. Internship at restaurants often includes meals. Sometimes restaurants offer lodging or transportation allowance.
[ Revised as of March 20, 2018 ]